Best Papers Published In
International Journal of Economics and Applied Research
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
As financial markets integrate and business operations diversify, there is a need for adoption of common global accounting practices. This need is further intensified when inadequacies in the financial reporting system have surfaced more often than not in the recent past infringing the credibility of reported financial data. Such incidents have bought a call for a research on better alignment of corporate financial reporting requirements amongst users of financial statements.
The AF conference is a forum of communication for academics, researchers, practitioners, and policymakers in the areas of accounting and finance. Through its broadly defined scope, we welcome research in areas such as accounting history, finance, financial reporting and communication methodologies, interdisciplinary perspectives on accounting, management control and public sector financial management. The AF conference provides an outlet for high-quality refereed empirical research on all aspects of accounting and finance. Purely theoretical research with the potential for empirical applications and in depth literature reviews will also be considered.
|Opening Address will be delivered by:
||Prof. the Hon. Dr. Stephen Martin
Member, Board of Governors, Global Science & Technology Forum (GSTF)
Former Speaker Parliament of Australia
Former Deputy Vice Chancellor (Strategy and Planning) Curtin University of Technology
Former Pro Vice Chancellor International, Victoria University
|Keynote Address "The Relationship between International Financial Reporting Standards, Carbon Emissions, and R&D Expenditures: Evidence from European Manufacturing Firms" will be delivered by:
||Professor Nicholas Apergis
Chairman, Dept. of Banking and Financial Management
Professor in Economics
University of Piraeus
|Workshop "The Utilization of Logistic Regressions in Addition to Multivariate Analyses for More Reliable Test Results" will be conducted by:
||Dr. Jianing Fang, CPA, CITP
Co-Editor-in-Chief AF 2013
Associate Professor of Accounting
School of Management
New York, USA
• The 2013 Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-1997, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2004):
• will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus,
and Cabell's Directories amongst others,
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888) which is indexed by EconBiz, EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest and Cabell's Directories.
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF.
The book will be edited by Prof. Farid Shirazi, Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
• The top 2 to 3 papers will also be published in the International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research (IJESAR) (Print ISSN: 1791-5120, Online ISSN: 1971-3373), which is indexed by EconLit, RePEc, CEEOL, DOAJ and SSRN.
• AF 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the AF 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
AF 2012 BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best Research Paper Awards
|Assoc. Prof. Natalja Gurvitsh
Tallinn University of Technology
|Dr. Daniel Tarus
|Prof. Nizar Atrissi
Best Student Research Paper Award
University of Macau
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES